Lately it seems like everybody is trying to get healthy in someway. Whether it be their hair, skin, or the most obvious reason, to lose weight. For me, it is about getting back on track. Here is some of my history as far as my fitness. In high school, I maintained a weight between 120 and 125. I was very active in school by being in theatre and advanced choir. I also worked out 2-3 times a week and went to dance class once a week. When I attended a community college, I decreased my work outs to once a week and I was not involved in anything. This continued until recently. Also, I slacked off my fairly good eating habits. Currently, I weight 157.
Here is what I’m doing now:
- For the past several months, I have been drinking water through out the day. I try to make sure that I drink as soon as I get up and before I go to sleep. By doing this, I will not overeat during breakfast and I feel better from not being as dehydrated. Plus, drinking some good ol’ H2O helps me have clearer skin in the morning (and all day).
- In the last couple of weeks, I have been eating something in the mornings that I used to eat as a kid. Quaker Oatmeal! I usually the instant microwaveable version cause it is quick and I am busy. I prefer making two packets because my stomach will stay fuller longer. Plus, I can mix to favors like banana bread and maple and brown sugar. Topping it off with some blueberries makes it taste so much better. Yum!
- Speaking of blueberries, I have been a lot more fruit. I find it more satisfying than eating candy. Vegetables have also increased. Carrot sticks anyone?
- Exercising is another thing I have been doing. I started walking again and if you follow me on Twitter and Facebook, you know that I recently purchased the Zumba Fitness DVDs. Right now, I am learning the steps. Yesterday, after dancing to the DVD my legs and butt were on fire!
- As for meat, I just stick to baked chicken. Mainly because I hate steak.
What are you doing to stay healthy and/or getting back on track?