In this field, public relations writers go through hundreds of email. On top of that, they answer voicemail messages and help with a firm’s annual reports. The main things to remember when sending any kind of messages are:
- Completeness: The information being sent should serve the purpose of what the reader wants or needs to know.
- Conciseness: As we should already know, our messages need to be short and to the point. Remember, people are busy.
- Correctness: Yet, another thing that is preached in this industry. Please accurate. Any false or information that is not up-to-date reflects your professionalism and creditability.
- Courtesy: If you never communicated with a person before then use “Hello Mrs. Doe,…” But, you have been emailing back and forth with this person or they give you permission then use “Hi Jane,..” Keep it simple and polite but not overly familiar.
- Responsibility: Take responsibility for your work. You representing a firm. Make sure you come across as professional and help not arrogant.